I often have to co-ordinate campaigns across multiple Social Media Platforms for clients. To make sure the graphics are delivered correctly I made this list. This cheat sheet has the graphic requirements for the sites Facebook, Twitter, Twibbon and Youtube. The list has the height and width, maximum upload size as well as other notes. I hope this free list helps you Make Epic Shit! If it does, give me a tweet or a Like.
Archive for twitter
I have been setting up some new twitter accounts for some projects and I just realised something new in the process. When someone starts on twitter first time they get 20 people to follow already. But then again, they don’t have any followers yet. Quite depressing. But wouldn’t Brands just love to be one of those first 20 brands you engage with. And it would be so easy for Twitter to take wads of advertising dollars just to place @cocacola as one of your first friends on Twitter. Then all coke has to do is have a team of twitters hired to talk to people when they first sign up and engage with the brand. Hell, this could be a job for college students indeed. Twitter while studying and earn money as a Coca-Cola twitter employee. So there you are a free advertising idea which will
- Help people to first get acquainted with Twitter
- Employee college students and unemployed bloggers
- Twitter gets much deniro and it won’t go down all the time.
- We lost twitter just like we lost Second Life already anyway, duh. Time for the early adopters to grab some cash and jump ship man. See you on echo…
Ok, so I have had heard ALOT of Mj this past week. Many times to the point of insanity. But I owe MJ my dance start. It was watching him that got my feet moving, into ballet and jazz classes, and is probably why they are still moving today. I love to dance. And even though I might have driven my parents crazy with my Thriller Album, I’m VERY DONE with Jackson’s music. For a long time. So as a final tribute, and after this no longer shall he be mentioned, I made this video together with Amsterdamize.com today. We made it for the Eternal Moonwalk site, a tribute to MJ. It is a viral that has been spreading over the last days. It is a great viral system for user generated content. But it is not unique. During the last world cup, Nikefootball.com did this as well with a video of people kicking a soccer ball from one place to the other. This was however also not a new idea, but one of the first times the idea was used on a branded site. The idea actually comes from Vlogball, which was started by a bunch of students as a project to understand collborative media. I forget where, google it. So here we see again, an original viral be rebranded, and creating an enormous success. However I must point out a couple of key points to this viral undertaking that differ from before.
1. People beleive they are paying tribute to Michael Jackson, rather than being added to an advertising database of Studio Brussels. See dutch people! The Belgians are not a stupid as you think!
2. The video slides from right to left, rather than the simple cut that the previous examples created. This also shows what is coming next!
3. They randomize the playlist so even coming in at the 1333 entry, it will still maybe play at one point.
4. They have twitter, facebook, share and other ways to share that exact segment. Thus when someone does make one, (and it eventually gets passed through the screening process, which can take a while I tell you.) and sees it on the site, they can tell ALL THIER FRIENDS!!! YEAH!!! WHOOO HOO!! LOOK FRIENDS!!! I’M MOONWALKING!!!!! (although the mailto message is reallllly lame.)
5. You can search for locations, and it puts those in the next cue. Just kind of fun.
However I think there are some improvements that could be made. How to make it better?
1. Allow people to quickly click on a clip they see to add it to a favorites playlist that can then be embedded on sites.
2. ALLOW FOR BLOGGERS TO GET AN EMBED CODE EASILY!!!! Sorry, couldn’t figure it out anywhere.
That’s all the free advice I’ll give. Just because it’s MJ. So for all the other young boys out there that Michael Touched and got them to dance in their pajamas, this is for you.
update: to see this in the site click here.
- Metro Last Light Trainer said: Wow, that's what I was looking for, what a data! p...
- J.C. Chapman said: Dear Gabriel, Hello and how are you? I am wri...
- Runner said: Flash games are so fun! They are very addictive!!...
- gabemac said: Thanks!...
- gabemac said: It's gotten Disney already :). Just wait till the ...
- Conor Brennan said: I think video mapping is amazing. When i was in di...